- Although their [Islamists] atrocities did not begin today, .... the attacks being witnessed under the current administration are unprecedented."
- "The Fulani herdsmen were in Aghatu land in Benue State and other predominantly Christian communities; killing and maiming their victims. .......and to add salt to the injury, it was the Federal Government that was justifying the killings of the citizens by accusing some governors of making laws against open grazing. They claimed that the killings were not genocide against Christians but farmers-herders’ clash.
- President Muhammadu Buhari has not ceased telling us that the criminals are coming from Libya, as though Nigeria shares borders with Libya. As if that were not enough, the Miyetti Allah the Fulani herdsmen have claimed responsibility for the killings and justifying their actions. ......The Federal Government has never deemed it fit to call them to order, but instead insisted that the herdsmen are stakeholders in the country!
- It is reprehensible and saddening that each time the government comes out to claim the defeat of the insurgency, more killings of our people are committed. In the light of the current developments and the circumstantial facts surrounding the prevailing upsurge of attacks against the church, it will be difficult for us to believe that the Federal Government under the present administration is not colluding with the insurgents to exterminate Christians in Nigeria, bearing in mind the very questionable leadership of the security sector that has been skewed towards a religion and region!
CAN ASKED SOME DIRECT QUESTIONS FROM THE FG:
- What is the essence of SIM card registration if the authorities cannot use it to track down these killers who rely on phones as a mean of communication to do their criminalities?
- Can the government tell us what they did since Rev. Andimì cried out to them for help?
- The President should overhaul the security council with a view of bringing in new heads of all the security agencies and the para-military which no religion or part of the country will dominate.
- The Federal government should either label the Miyetti Allah Fulani Association a terrorist organisation as being regarded in the terror index.
- The Federal Government should order the arrest of the leadership of the Miyetti Allah Groups in who are sponsoring and perpetuating the crime of Nigeria and prosecute them for all the killings in Southern Kaduna, Benue, Plateau, and Taraba states, among others.
- The Federal Government should publish names of all kingpins of the terrorists who are in detention and those who are being prosecuted.
- The Federal Government should stop releasing the so-called repented terrorists since they are reportedly joining their colleagues in the forest to unleash terror on the land.
- The Federal Government should reverse the recent controversial Police promotion with a view to balancing religious and ethnic divides in the country.
- We are almost losing hope in the government’s ability to protect Nigerians especially Christians who have become endangered species under its watch. We once again call on the International Community and the developed world like the US, the UK, Germany, Israel and others to please come to our aid of Nigeria, especially, the Nigerian Church so that we might not be eliminated one by one.
AND FOR A BIG CHANGE, CALLED FOR ALL CHRISTIANS TO GO ON PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION ON A SPECIFIED DATE (SUNDAY 2ND FEBRUARY) ALL OVER THE FEDERATION, AFTER A 3 DAY PRAYER AND FASTING
- The CAN Leadership has declared Friday, 31st January to 2nd February 2020 as days for Special Fasting and Prayer for Nigeria in all churches, home and abroad, for the gruesome killing of innocent Nigerians to stop and for our government to develop the capacity to overcome the criminals troubling the nation. Sunday 2nd February 2020 is declared a Special Prayer Walk by Christians in all the States of the Federation in the form of a procession to be led by States CAN Chairmen in their CAN Secretariats and pastors of churches in all churches in Nigeria.
- Churches should process round their area, pray for God’s permanent intervention and help from all over the world so that all of us might not be consumed one by one. It appears our government is completely overwhelmed.