Monday, September 3, 2012

Chris Okotie and the marriage institution

Rev Chris Okotie is in the news again. After a burst of the usual excitement and fun at the Sunday service at the Household of God on June 24, Okotie calmly announced that he and his latest wife had separated, irreversibly. According to the report, many were shocked at the announcement, indicating there were no visible signs of strains in the relationship. At CA! we are very reluctant to comment on this development lest someone gets the impression that we are kicking a man already on the ground – noting we had written briefly but poignantly and critically on the relationship when it was announced four years ago (http://churcharise.blogspot.com/2008/02/chris-okotie-unveils-new-wife-to-church.html). However reading Stephanie Henshaw’s facebook journal on the situation makes it clear that the issue is not just that of a private couple passing through trying times, but rather the continued and increasing abuse of God’s holy gift of matrimony in our society; and the consequent, inevitable fruits of gall being delivered to people who actually wished for a different outcome. Whereas the Scripture is quite clear on the fact that God is not mocked; and everyone must reap exactly what they sowed!. Stephanie Henshaw, quoting Scriptures all the way, cuts the picture of a loving wife, kicked out by her lover. “Fifteen years we have been the closest friends, I prepared all his meals for ten years including the four years we were married, the day I was asked to leave I prepared his meal, served it and I left,”, she bemoaned on the facebook account she opened just after the incident. Stephanie was blunt: she is being accused of being a witch and operating with mermaid spirit. She described this as a lie being orchestrated by other ladies “within the church” who are keen on replacing her in the matrimonial home. She however reminded the obviously plural group, “My going can bring one Mrs. Okotie, but what happens to the rest of you? ” She quipped. Which brings us to the core of the matter: the idea that marriage can be contracted and dissolved repeatedly ad infinitum, and with whoever - all as convenient, is fuel for the raging inferno that is tearing down the very basic fabrics of society, just as the Bible says will characterize the endtimes. The Scriptures is clear that God hates divorce, that even if divorce may be permitted (for the “hard-hearted” people, especially on the ground of adultery), those who marry a divorcee are considered adulterers, etc; (Mal. 2:16, Mat 19:9, 1 Cor 7:11). However these clear scriptural positions are fast becoming relegated to mere opinions that can not stand the rigours of “post modern times”. Whereas the Apostle Paul was clear in saying he wasn’t expressing personal opinion. : “And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord…..” he wrote in 1 Cor 7:10. No wonder the pressure of the same “post modern times” has no difficulty sweeping away homes build on such compromised foundations. Rev Chris Okotie happens to represent one of the most extreme schools of views on marriage. In his work of fiction, The Last Outcast, (which he insists is a direct revelation to him) he actually made a very strong case for polygamy (see CA! Vol * no *). In announcing Stephanie Henshaw as his new wife four years ago, Rev Okotie was quite blunt as to the basis of his choice: she is a woman of breath-taking beauty! Nothing else seemed to matter. The unfolding situation then should be food for thought to people who think the biblical counsels concerning marriage have become old-fashioned. Although it is difficult to believe the reports that Rev Okotie has actually announced he would be wedding again come December, since “it is not good that the man should live alone”; such a move would certainly be consistent with his adopted theology and attitude on marriage. It’s all part of man exercising ‘dominion’ over the woman! We hope the Church will note this. The direct and indirect assault of Satan’s goons on marriage is formidable enough. Expecting a successful blissful marriage while despising and trifling with the instructions of the Designer of Marriage is just not going to work. Thank God for the millions of God-honoring marriages in the world. These, and not rhetoric, are the unassailable evidence that God’s ideas work, and are in our best interest. Those who discountenance the Scriptures will forever keep wondering like Stephanie, what they did wrong. According to her “I submitted to the end. I did all I was asked to do, Lord.…. I wait, because I know in time God will make known what has gone wrong.” Might we suggest that attitude towards the marriage institution has far more important implications than many people seem to realize? Post Script To further complicate matters for Revd Okotie, [a young church member] is claiming to have had 3 abortions for the Pastor – raising another issue entirely, adultery. The lady said she decided to spare the fourth baby who many swear is a carbon copy of the pop-star turned preacher. The baby-girl, now about 13 years would therefore be Okotie’s only known child, since none of his two marriages to date produced any biological issue. As we have written before, it seems clear that a lax attitude to sex and marriage always leads down the slippery slope incorporating so many of the issues represented by Bill Gates’ new sexuality drive – infidelity, promiscuity, abortion, masturbation, homosexuality, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, etc, etc. These issues have now assumed epidemic proportions, and no amount of prudence and sobriety can ever be too much in these end days

6 comments:

Unknown said...

join the Illuminati and sport make life difficult for you, we are in the world were everything is in control , i was living a life of poverty and pains, i never new there was a life be young that, but right now i enjoyed every dividend of life , am rich , famous , powerful,i live a life with out no stress, but all this was a surprise , for any body who want riches famous and power,then you have the chance to do that, join the Illuminati today to get $25000 every 3 days and $1000000 monthly for membership blessing contact the following email; morganilluminatirich@gmail.com . we don,t patronize people to join,. we only want you to rule your world and be free from oppression call +2347061824880

Unknown said...

join the Illuminati and sport make life difficult for you, we are in the world were everything is in control , i was living a life of poverty and pains, i never new there was a life be young that, but right now i enjoyed every dividend of life , am rich , famous , powerful,i live a life with out no stress, but all this was a surprise , for any body who want riches famous and power,then you have the chance to do that, join the Illuminati today to get $25000 every 3 days and $1000000 monthly for membership blessing contact the following email; morganilluminatirich@gmail.com . we don,t patronize people to join,. we only want you to rule your world and be free from oppression call +2347061824880

DANA JERRY said...

Welcome to brotherhood Illuminati where you can become
rich famous and popular and your life story we be change
totally my name is Dan Jerry I am here to share my
testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati
and my life story was change immediately . I was very poor
no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my
family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all
my possible best to get money but no one work out for me
each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no
money to take care of them until one day I decided to join
the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I
never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they
said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to
me they really change my story totally . They give me the
sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I
was able to become rich, and have many industry on my
own and become famous and popular in my country , today
me and my family is living happily and I am the most
happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the
Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like
other people and you life we be change totally.If you are
interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati.then
contact him +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021
email:illuminatibrotherpowerful@gmail.com or you need my assistance
email:danjerry04@gmail.com...

DANA JERRY said...

i want to share my testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me. ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said so later on i told my fellow friend about this same thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions so i decided to look in the internet and i found their number so we decided to contact them and unfortunately we did as they instruct us to do and later they told us to get some requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took us just a week and later on the great fraternity gave us $1,200,000 to start up our lives…. and now am testifying that if in any case you want to join any great fraternity all you need to do is for you to contact them because they are legitimate and they do as what they instructed them to do, so you can as well WhatsApp me +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021 you can Email: illuminatipowerful666@gmail.com..

joel said...

Hello. viewer am here to share my testimony on how I finally join the Illuminati brotherhood and became rich , I tried all my possible best to become a member of the hood but I was scam several times , before I finally come across a testimony on Net so I contacted the agent call Mr Emmanuel , I was so afraid that he will ask me for lot of money before I can join the Illuminati brotherhood but to my greatest surprise he only ask me to obtain the pot of riches which I did and today, am so happy to say to the world that am one of the richest by having the sum of $ 360 millions dollars in my personal account as a new member in Africa and am also known all over the world with the business given to me by the Illuminati and also have power to do that which I want . .. ... I know so many people may be on my lane also looking for help Get in tough with the grand master whatsapp him on. +2349033255083 , remember onl y serious people should contact remember no going back. 6.6.6..... once you believe him and make everything possible is going to help you as he help me also.....................

john rich said...

Hello my brother and sisters,am here to share my testimony on how I finally join the Illuminati hood and became rich , I tried all my possible best to become a member of the hood but I was scam several times , before I finally come across a testimony on Net so I contacted the agent , I was so afraid that he will ask me for lot of money before I can join the hood but to my greatest surprise he only ask me to obtain the pot of riches which I did and today, am so happy to say to the world that am one of the richest by having the sum of $ 360 millions dollars in my personal account as a new member in Africa and am also known all over the world with the business given to me by the Illuminati and also have power to do that which I want . .. ... I know so many people may be on my lane also looking for help Get in tough with our Lord superiors whatsapp him on +2349067603777
Remember only serious people should contact remember no going back. 6.6.6.....