Friday, July 30, 2010

QUOTABLE QUOTES: Vol 13 No 3 Church Arise!

(Background: Dr James Dobson, 73, was recently “forced” out of Focus on the Family, a ministry he started in 1977 and has nurtured to an enormous international status and influence. He thereafter started a new TV program, Family Talk. See some details in CA! Vol 13 No1)

Interviewer: Do you see Family Talk as competing at all with Focus on the Family?

James Dobson: It's kind of silly to think that the family, with all its problems across the country and around the world, needs only one ministry whose goal is to reach out to them. There's plenty of work to be done. We're not in competition any more than two Baptist churches in Atlanta are in competition. We're not trying to hurt each other, wound each other, or overtake each other. That's not going to happen.
My legacy doesn't matter. It isn't important that I be remembered. It's important that when I stand before the Lord, he says, "Well done, good and faithful servant." I want to finish strong. I don't want to make a mistake that would hurt the cause of Christ late in my life, so I'm going to do everything I can to bring many people to Christ. If he can use me in that regard through Family Talk, that will be my greatest legacy. http://www.Christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/july/17.31.html?start=3

No comments: